Do you know what is the HDFC Bank Full Form? The full form of HDFC Bank stands for Housing Development Finance Corporation. The headquarter of HDFC Bank is located in Mumbai, India. It is one of the largest private sector banks in India and has a wide presence across the country with its customers through a network of 396 branches in about 2,400 towns and cities.
HDFC is a well-known Indian housing financial institution, which provides home loans to middle and low-class citizens for buying houses and for builders to complete projects. Its main objective is to promote residential housing stock by systematically providing housing finance to the residential housing stock and increasing home ownership within the country.
The bank has a significant and far-reaching network of branches for its operations. Additionally, it has established three offices in different cities such as Singapore, London, and Dubai, that offer Home Loan services.
It is also noteworthy that HDFC was one of the earliest organizations to receive permission from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to set up a private-sector bank. This permission was granted as part of the Indian Banking Industry liberalization in 1994.
Table of Contents
What is the HDFC Bank Full Form?
HDFC Full Form: Housing Development Finance Corporation
- H- Housing
- D- Development
- F- Finance
- C- Corporation
History of HDFC
Since its inception in 1977, HDFC has had a long history of financially supporting India’s growing housing sector.
HDFC Bank “made a historic transformation from a private sector bank to a home financing company in 1994.”
“HDFC Bank soon established itself as a leader in the Indian banking market under the innovative leadership of Aditya Puri (Founder of HDFC Bank).”
“HDFC Bank developed a number of ground-breaking products and services, including the Home Saving Plan and the Advanced Processing Facility, as part of its ongoing commitment to innovation.”
With the launch of its website in 1999, HDFC Bank took its first step into the digital era and paved the way for easy and accessible banking.
Online real estate sites for education loans and HDFC Education & Development Services Pvt. both were introduced by HDFC Bank in later years.
“Today, HDFC Bank stands as a power of constant evolution and adaptation in the banking industry.”
Some Notable Services and Products Offered by HDFC
The followings are the products and services offered by HDFC:
- Mutual Fund– HDFC Asset Management Company Limited, one of the subsidiaries of HDFC Limited, offers these services.
- Mortgage– The corporation makes loans to individuals and corporations who want to buy or construct buildings.
- Life Insurance- HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited, a division of HDFC Limited, provides life insurance services and specialized products to meet the demands of individual customers.
- General Liability Insurance- The corporation offers a variety of general insurance products, including motor, accident, vehicle, property, travel, home, health and liability.
- Stock Exchange- The corporation provides trading of shares in both the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges.
- Student Loan- Through HDFC Credila, a non-banking financial company, the firm provides educational loans to undergraduate and graduate students in India and internationally.
HDFC Bank Core Values
The HDFC Bank has the following values:
- Professional Service
List of Subsidiaries, Joint Ventures, and Associates of HDFC
HDFC bank consists of the following Subsidiaries, Joint Ventures, and Associates:
- HDFC Asset Management Co Ltd
- HDFC Bank Ltd
- HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd
- Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (HDFC Ltd)
- HDFC Credila Financial Services Ltd
- HDFC Ergo General Insurance Co Ltd
- HDFC Property Ventures Ltd (HDFC Property Fund)
- HDFC Sales Pvt Ltd
- HDFC Securities Ltd
- HDFC Capital Advisors Ltd
- HDFC Pension Management Company Ltd
Other HDFC Full Forms List
|Housing Development Finance Corporation
|Private Sector Bank in India
|Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited
|NSE Company Symbol
|Housing Development Finance Corp
|Housing Development Fund Company
|Housing Development and Finance Corporation
FAQs- What is the HDFC Bank Full Form?
Q.1. What is the full form of HDFC Bank?
Ans. The HDFC Bank Full Form is Housing Development Finance Corporation.
Q.2. What is the HDFC Full Form?
Ans. The HDFC Full Form stands for Housing Development Finance Corporation.
Q.3. What is the HDFC Bank Full Form in Hindi?
Ans. In Hindi, the HDFC full form is आवास विकास वित्त निगम.
Q.4. Where is HDFC bank’s headquarters is located?
Ans. The HDFC Bank Headquarters is located in HDFC House, H T Parekh Marg, 165-166, Backbay Reclamation, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400 020.
Thanks for reading What is the HDFC Bank Full Form? Bookmark our website Whatisfullform.com to know or read our collection of full forms.